The Health & Wellness Unit within the Division of Student Affairs at TCNJ is excited to offer a user-friendly referral database for students, parents, faculty and staff members looking for mental health providers in the surrounding communities.
Click Here To Access Database: REFERRAL DATABASE
For additional assistance please refer to our handout on Choosing a Mental Health Provider.
If you currently, or in the future, find yourself dealing with a personal crisis which necessitates immediate attention by a mental health professional (e.g., suicidal or homicidal thoughts or actions, sexual assault, death of a significant person):
- Call CAPS at (609) 771-2247 or come to the CAPS office located in Eickhoff Hall 107 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM) and please be sure to inform the receptionist regarding the nature of your urgency. We will do everything possible to respond promptly and/or involve other resources as needed. For situations involving immediate threat to life, call 911 (TCNJ Campus Police 609-771-2345). For more information about CAPS services, please visit the CAPS homepage by clicking here.
- For sexual assault, domestic/dating violence or stalking, contact Anti-Violence Initiatives (AVI) at 609-771-2571 or stop by the AVI office in Forcina 308 during office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM). More information is available on the AVI homepage at clicking here.
- For alcohol and other drug services, contact Alcohol and other Drug Education Program (ADEP) at 609-771-2571 or stop by the ADEP office in Forcina 308 during office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM). More information is available on the ADEP homepage at clicking here.
- For students in recovery from alcohol and other drugs – or for those who may need a higher level of alcohol and other drug service, contact the Community Recovery Program (CRP) at 609-771-2134 or stop by the CRP office in Forcina 308 during office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM). More information is available on the CRP homepage at clicking here.After hours crisis resources can be accessed through:
- TCNJ Campus Police (609-771-2345 or 911 from a campus phone)
- Capital Health Screening Center (609-396-4357)
- NJ Hopeline (1-855-654-6735)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK)
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline of NJ (1-888-222-2228) Womanspace (sexual assault and domestic violence) Crisis Line (609-394-9000)
- Trevor (LGBTQ) Lifeline (1-866-488-7386)
- Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255)